Bill Nichols

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kuchar-Woodland form strong U.S. World Cup team

Matt Kuchar has selected Gary Woodland as his U.S. team partner for the Omega Mission Hills World Cup.

Talk about a stout combination. Kuchar is the solid veteran known for keeping his ball in play and his name atop leaderboards. He has 19 top-10s, tops on the PGA Tour, over the past two seasons.

Woodland established himself in his second season with his first win and five other top-10s. The former basketball player is so powerful he could practically drive his ball to China.

“I think a lot of his game,” Kuchar said. ``I'm pretty excited to have a guy that plays as well as he does and hits it as far as he does as my partner, I think there's a lot of upside to that. I think I can be the steady one that makes a lot of pars and watch him just make golf look pretty easy.''

Said Woodland: ``Kooch is a very consistent player, always in play. I have a little length to add to it, so hopefully I can drive it out there, he can knock it close and we both get our putters going and we can make a lot of birdies.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment