The Golf Club of Dallas has been purchased by Petro Golf Management. The company is headed by director of golf Philip Bleakney, who has been at the club for 12 years.
The club is now semi-private and open for limited daily public play. Memberships are also available.
The course, formerly Oak Cliff CC, played host to the Dallas Open _ now the HP Byron Nelson Championship _ from 1958-67. The Reunion Pro-Am, a Champions Tour event, was played there in 1994-95.
Bleakney, who serves as Northern Texas PGA president, will oversee operations. Veteran Perry Arthur, who spent seven years on Tour, is head professional. He has worked at Riverchase, Brook Hollow, Plantation, and Stonebridge Ranch. Information: www.golfclubdallas.com; 214-333-3595.